Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Scrambled Eggs with a little something extra! Don't overcook the eggs. Just draw a spatula over the mixture occasionally instead of stirring constantly. This will keep the eggs from becoming dry and crumbly.
- 8 eggs, large, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tomatoes, large, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped (if using dry, half the amount)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked and chopped
- Combine everything but the butter and ham. Stir, and mix well; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ham, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet. Cook, without stirring, until the egg mixture begins to set on the bottom. Draw a spatula across the bottom of the pan to form large curds. Continue cooking until the eggs are firm, but still moist (do not stir constantly).
- Serve immediately.
A real nice breakfast earlier in the week. The combo of the green peppers, and tomato made for a real nice colorful, and very presentable dish. The ham was an extra bonus. Served with some English muffins and orange juice. Made for FYC Tag, Definitely recommended..
I scaled back for 2 serves and the only change I made was to use a red capsicum/bell pepper instead of green and the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed our delicious and filling breakfast with a piece of wholemeal/wholegrain toast, thank you breezermom, made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.
Scrumptious. Perfect Sat morning breakfast. Made by the recipe and we couldn't have enjoyed it more. I just served the eggs with toasted multigrain bread, apricot jam and coffee. What a good morning. :D