Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baked beans -- kicked up a notch. Serve alongside Split Dog Foot-Longs.
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 slices sliced black pepper bacon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 few dashes hot sauce (more if you like things spicy)
- 4 -5 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on each slice of bacon to generously coat each strip. Arrange the coated bacon strips on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool and crumble up.
- Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with the baked beans and hot sauce. Heat the beans through, add the scallions and portion onto dinner plates topped with the crumbled bacon.
- *If you cannot find black pepper bacon, buy regular bacon and generously coat it with freshly ground black pepper before topping it with the brown sugar.