1/1 Photo of Doctored Pasta Sauce -- Tomato
Easy sauce and it tastes like you cooked all day. -- be sure to use a good brand of store-bought sauce like Prego, Paul Newman etc..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onions and garlic.
- 2Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until browned .
- 3Mix everything together in a deep nonstick pot.
- 4Bring to boil ( use no more than medium heat) stirring often.
- 5Turn down low and simmer at least 30 minutes -- stirring often -- you can simmer prepared, cooked, meatballs in the sauce too.-- it is easy to make your own meatballs. The sauce with thicken up as you cook and the alcohol will cook off.
- 6Serve over your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doctored Pasta Sauce -- Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 550.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce