Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy sauce and it tastes like you cooked all day. -- be sure to use a good brand of store-bought sauce like Prego, Paul Newman etc..
- 26 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce (jar ready- made )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until browned .
- Mix everything together in a deep nonstick pot.
- Bring to boil ( use no more than medium heat) stirring often.
- Turn down low and simmer at least 30 minutes -- stirring often -- you can simmer prepared, cooked, meatballs in the sauce too.-- it is easy to make your own meatballs. The sauce with thicken up as you cook and the alcohol will cook off.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Garlic good! I did add basil, oregano and parsley. Made for ZWT 2011. Thanks!