1/1 Photo of Doctor Polynesian's Jammin' Ham 'n' Spam
Sue Lau's Note:
Nice and saucy way to enjoy grilled ham or grilled Spam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs smoked brown sugar ham, cut into 1/2-inch thick steaks (or mixture of Ham or Spam) or 3 lbs Spam, sliced (or mixture of Ham or Spam)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (optional) or 1 fresh pineapple, cored peeled and cut into chunks (optional)
- 2 -3 green bell peppers, cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- steamed long grain jasmine rice (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar style barbecue sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil or 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil
- 1Simmer sauce ingredients over low heat 30 minutes.
- 2Use sauce immediately, or allow to cool and puree for a smoother texture.
- 3Apply to grilled ham steaks or Spam (grill outdoors or on the George Foreman grill).
- 4Cooked/smoked meats need only to be heated through and have some nice grill marks, so place steaks on a very hot grill, then turn halfway for a cross-hatched effect.
- 5Cook pineapple, onion and green pepper in a grill pan/skillet or on skewers if you are using, basted with a little sauce). If you use bamboo skewers, soak them 30 minutes submerged in cold water prior to loading with veggies (otherwise they might burn on the grill).
- 6Serve it all on top of steamed jasmine rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doctor Polynesian's Jammin' Ham 'n' Spam
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 553.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown sugar ham