- 3 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean turkey sausage)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups pinto beans, cooked or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans, cooked or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) canroasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup green onions or 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large saucepan or Dutch oven with a few sprays of cooking oil spray. Add onion and saute over medium-high heat until soft and just starting to brown. Add ground turkey or sausage;cook over medium high heat, breaking upmeat with a spoon, until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, mustard, garlic, beans, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with olives and green onions or cilantro and serve immediatly.