5 hrs 45 mins
Having been on a lengthy online search twice for this recipe, I decided to post it so it would be easier to find. Dobrada is described as: "a Portuguese tripe dish usually served with white butter beans and chouriço" or "a stew of tripe, beans, carrots, chorizo and other ingredients served with rice." I've not made this recipe and am not likely to do so.... so prep times are wild guess-timates. Recipe from: http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=238966 and originally titled: Spanish Tripe Stew with Chick Peas, Chorizo and Paprika
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces dried garbanzo beans
- 3/4 lb boneless pork, cut into small dice
- 1 piece tripe (One 4x8-inch piece of tripe cut into 3/4inch by 2inch strips)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb onion, peeled and minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice (including liquid, crushing the tomatoes by hand)
- 1 teaspoon spanish hot paprika
- 1/2 lb whole chorizo sausage
- 1Soak the dried chickpeas overnight.
- 2Salt and pepper the tripe and pork and toss them with the flour.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a stew pot. Add tripe and pork. Cook until meats are lightly browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the onions, garlic, white wine. Scrape up the browned bits, then add the can of tomatoes with liquid, crushing the tomatoes by hand, the hot Spanish paprika, and the drained chick-peas. Stir to combine.
- 5Simmer over low heat for 4 1/2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure meats are submerged in liquid, adding more liquid if necessary.
- 6After 4 1/2 hours add 1/2 pound whole chorizo and cook 1/2 hour more.
- 7Remove the chorizo and slice it. Return it to the pot and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dobrada (Tripe Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1187.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: