1/1 Photo of Dobladas(Guatemala)
This makes a nice, light supper or lunch. Or cut into wedges and serve as appetizers. I'd even eat it for breakfast! Dobladas means folded and that's just what you do with the tortillas. If you can't find Farmer cheese(or queso fresco or queso de capas), use cottage cheese and strain in a cheesecloth for several hours in a cool place.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cheese, pepper, onion, black pepper and salt(and garlic powder if using) together.
- 2Put 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture on the lower half of a tortilla and fold over to make a half-moon shape. Press lightly.
- 3Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat and fry until crisp and golden on both sides.
- 4Drain on paper towels and serve warm. Serve with salsa if desired.
- 7Many times it's served with cabbage, salsa, and queso on top (you can use the same cheese you put inside).
Nutritional Facts for Dobladas(Guatemala)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g