A nice torte for sharing with friends or just yourself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1For the Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 2 - 8-inch round pans with parchment or waxed paper.
- 3Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 4Gradually beat in 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 6Sift dry ingredients together.
- 7Make a well in the flour mixture; add vegetable oil and half of the milk.
- 8Beat until well blended, medium speed.
- 9Add remaining milk and egg yolks.
- 10Beat until smooth.
- 11Fold in the egg whites.
- 12Pour into prepared pans.
- 13Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 14Cool and slice each layer in half, horizontally, to make 4 layers.
- 15Frost with Dobash frosting.
- 16For the Frosting: Combine first four ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 17Sift the cocoa and cornstarch together to get the lumps out and combine with the remaining 1/2 cup water.
- 18Add to the boiling mixture. Bring to a boil again, cool slightly, and then frost. (Don't let it get too cool, or it will 'set' in the pot!) This is a nice frosting, it's very smooth, and once it sets, you can't even ding it up and make it ugly! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dobash Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 289.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g