Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
High vitamin & energy fruit-salad
- 150 g mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green apple, cut into cubes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 small pineapple, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, crushed (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Gently roast garlic in olive oil, strain and discard the garlic. Let oil cool before mixing with vinegar and a dash of freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat butter and saute apples and pineapples as you sprinkle with sugar. Continue to cook on high for about a minute.
- Remove and lightly chill while you prepare to serve.
- Toss greens with dressing and divide among 2 serving bowls topped with pineapples, apples and oranges.
- Serve with peanuts (if using) and freshly ground black pepper.