Ta-ta to the bottled paste! Whipping up this pantry staple from scratch is easier than you think - and will make exotic weeknight suppers yours in a flash! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, unseeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Whirl all ingredients in a food processor or blender, scraping down sides as needed, until pureed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in a jar for up to a month.
- * Storage tip - Freeze in a plastic-wrapped ice cube tray. Pop out and store in a freezer bag. Makes 9 cubes.