Ta-ta to the bottled paste! Whipping up this pantry staple from scratch is easier than you think - and will make exotic weeknight suppers yours in a flash! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, unseeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Whirl all ingredients in a food processor or blender, scraping down sides as needed, until pureed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in a jar for up to a month.
- * Storage tip - Freeze in a plastic-wrapped ice cube tray. Pop out and store in a freezer bag. Makes 9 cubes.
How yummy! I enjoyed this with some sticky rice and it is spicy! But I really enjoyed it.Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 for team Hot Stuff.
This delicious green curry paste is now my go to staple! I love how fresh and spicy it is and such a breeze to whip up. I froze some of it to use later. Thanks, Nif! Made for ZWT9, team Gourmet Goddesses.
Wow...this curry paste was delicious and SPICY! Very quick and easy to make with lots of flavor. I will not be buying store bought curry paste again. I made a half recipe, but next time I will make a full recipe and freeze what I don't use. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for ZWT9 SE Asia for The Apron String Travelers.