Recipe by GratefulMe
I wanted a coating for skinless chicken so I tried several off-the-shelf products, and a few recipes, and decided to make one of my own. The chicken can be coated then frozen before cooking.
Top Review by ladypit
I loved this. Made it as written (though I used blue cornmeal) and froze it. I loved how easy it was to pull out frozen and bake. They baked well in 35 minutes and were moist and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs (I made my own)
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon tony chachere creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (I trimmed 6 to uniform size, using the rest of the chicken in another recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix bread crumbs, cornmeal, Parmesan cheese and Creole seasoning together. Pulse several times to blend thoroughly.
- Add diced butter to crumb mixture and pulse 6-8 times, or until crumb mixture is moistened. Place mixture in a shallow dish.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towel. Smear yogurt on all sides (may substitute mayonnaise or creme fraiche).
- Dredge chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat evenly.
- IF FREEZING: Place on a cookie sheet, with pieces not touching each other. Freeze. May be individually wrapped after frozen. To cook: unwrap frozen chicken, place in baking dish and bake (from frozen) according to directions that follow. An additional 10 minutes of cooking time may be necessary.
- TO COOK: Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray. Place coated pieces in baking dish. Cook 15 minutes then turn and continue cooking until done (approximately 10 more minutes).