Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ta-ta to the bottled paste! Whipping up this pantry staple from scratch is easier than you think - and will make exotic weeknight suppers yours in a flash! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- Whirl all ingredients in a food processor or blender, scraping down sides as needed, until pureed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in a jar for up to a month.
- * Storage tip - Freeze in a plastic-wrapped ice cube tray. Pop out and store in a freezer bag. Makes 9 cubes.
A very easy recipe to make and works very well on chicken. I found that it also works well on a noodle casserole, so it is a very versatile recipe.