This originally came from a Betty Crocker softcover #190. It has to be prepared at least 8 hours before dinner, so you'll have plenty of clean-up time before the guests arrive! The prep time does not include the 8 hrs. fridge time.
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet until no longer pink.
- Drain the grease.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- In the pan, arrange a single layer of the ravioli over the sauce.
- Evenly pour another 1 cup of sauce over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of the sausage over this, then 1 cup of the mozzarella on top of the sausage.
- Repeat layers with remaining ravioli, sauce and sausage.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours, but no longer than 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake covered for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozarella and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
This was awesome; however, I changed the Italian sausage to turkey! Other than that, everything else was EXACTLY the same. Not only did my husband and I like it, my picky 5-year-old loved it. We had enough for lunch the next day! Delicious!