Recipe by Bergy
Excellent do ahead dish. put it all together, refrigerate and pop in the oven 50 min before dinner. Very attractive dish. To cut back on the amount of liquid that may end up with your finished dish remove seeds from the tomatoes and instead of slicing them and cut them in quaters
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into flowerettes
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup sour cream (lite can be used)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (lite is ok)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees, butter 8" square oven proof dish.
- Arrange broccoli in the dish.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes or deseeded tomato quarters
- Sprinkle with the basil.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, mayo and parmesan (reserve a little parmesan to sprinkle over top).
- Spread this mixture over top the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes.
- It should be bubbly and light brown.