Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful brunch dish that is prepared the night before (requiring 4-24 hours refrigeration before baking). I serve it for Easter and it is always a hit.
- 1 -2 cup cooked ham
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes scalloped potatoes mix
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion (Original recipe called for 1 onion chopped, which I have always left out, as I don't care for the ta) (optional)
- Grease 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
- Mix ham, potatoes, green pepper and 1 cup of cheese in bowl.
- Spread in greased dish.
- In bowl, stir milk, bisquick and eggs until blended.
- Pour over potato mixture (make sure potatoes are well covered with mixture).
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, no more than 24 hours.
- Uncover casserole and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- THE INGREDIENTS FOR SCALLOPED POTATOES SHOULD NOT HAVE "MIX" NEXT TO THEM. USE THE BOX OF POTATOES AND DISCARD THE MIX!
This was an easy to make Christmas morning! However, I don't eat meat so I left out the ham and just didn't have any potatoes. It was still really good!
This was very tasty, although it seemed a bit dry. I will try adding a little extra milk the next time I make it. Very convenient to prepare the night before and then just pop into the oven though.