Recipe by Redsie
From Cooking Light
Top Review by Abby Girl
Update: It is not often that I would come back to re-rate a recipe...but this one is so worth it. I have used this with fresh garlic and dried garlic flakes. I find that if you add the garlic half way through the cooking cycle, the garlic is more pronounced. I use butter instead of oil...add the rice and stir for one minute until well coated....I then add a bit of chicken stock to the water and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Half way through, I add the garlic. I used about 1 - 1-1/2 tsp dried garlic flakes. Excellent
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 3 1/4 cups water and salt; bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.