Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Doña Carmen's Garlic Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add rice and garlic to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 3 1/4 cups water and salt; bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
Update: It is not often that I would come back to re-rate a recipe...but this one is so worth it. I have used this with fresh garlic and dried garlic flakes. I find that if you add the garlic half way through the cooking cycle, the garlic is more pronounced. I use butter instead of oil...add the rice and stir for one minute until well coated....I then add a bit of chicken stock to the water and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Half way through, I add the garlic. I used about 1 - 1-1/2 tsp dried garlic flakes. Excellent
Delicious way to perk up the family dinner. Love the garlic and this will compliment almost anything. My salmon was sure happy with it. I always cook rice as V suggested and it always comes out perfect. Thanks Reds :D
This is a great rice dish and it was so easy to make. I followed the suggestion of Chef V and let the rice sit 5 minutes off the burner and it worked wonderfully. It was very fluffy and I love the flavor of the garlic in this. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing!