Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great rub from "Texas Home Cooking" cookbook. Stored here for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- Mix spices thoroughly in a bowl.
- You can store leftover rub in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator.
This makes a really good rub. I added a teaspoon to some ground beef for grilled hamburgers.......they were terrific......and also sprinkled some on popcorn. It would be great on any recipe calling for BBQ rub. Made for Spring PAC 2013.