1/1 Photo of Dk's Hybrid Chili
Half rich beefy chili, half veggie chili, this recipe is the best of both worlds! I combined one batch of beef chili with one batch of veggie chili in the same pot. Beef to make my husband happy and veggies to make his heart happy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 packages chili, mix (Wick Fowler or Carol Shelby(seasoning only. Dont follow directions on the boxes!)
- fat free cheddar cheese, light sour cream, cilantro and chopped onion to garnish
- 1Spray a large stockpot with cooking spray.
- 2Brown ground beef in pan.
- 3While beef is browning, chop/dice onions,garlic, peppers, zucchini and cilantro. Set aside.
- 4When beef is no longer pink, drain and rinse with hot water to remove any remaining fat. Set aside.
- 5Rinse and dry stockpot.
- 6Spray stockpot again with cooking spray.
- 7Add chopped veggies to pan and saute until limp.
- 8Add cilantro, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and both beans.
- 9Stir to combine.
- 10Fill tomato sauce can and diced tomato can with water and add to pan.
- 11Stir in seasonings from both chili mix packages. (I omit the salt and only use 1 package of red pepper.) Set the 2 packages of masa aside.
- 12Cover and simmer until you can't stand the smell! If needed, mix masa with water and add to the chili to thicken a few minutes before serving.
- 13Enjoy with fat free cheddar cheese, light sour cream, additional cilantro, chopped onion or anything else you choose!
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dk's Hybrid Chili
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 243.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: