Recipe by D2thaK
This recipe came out of an OLD Betty Crocker cookbook. I think it's quick and flavorful. It can be used with any enchilida filling but I grew up eating it with cheese enchilidas. Just fill the tortillas with your favorite filling, cover with the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and bake. I have also made "cheater" enchilidas by topping frozen taquitos with this sauce and adding cheese and baking. Yummy!
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup reserved tomato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and garlic in oil.
- Add flour to make paste.
- Add in remaining ingredients except tomato juice. Stir to blend.
- Add in reserved tomato juice to make the sauce the consistency you prefer. Simmer 10 minutes and pour over the enchilidas of your choice.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake.