Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Being a chili lover, I have tried many types. Some very good, some not to good. This one is very good, simple, easy, and not very expensive. It has lots of chicken. Some of you will like it. This recipe is not to spicy, but with a few modifications it can be. Flavor it to suit your tastes.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, 44oz ., I use a rottissered chicken, buttery garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans rotel, with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, rotell, cumin, and pepper. Stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Serve.
Made this for DH and myself this evening - first time I've ever had white chicken chili although DH has ordered it many times. Very good recipe and so easy to prepare - I forgot to add the cheese prior to serving so next time we eat this (freezing leftovers) I'll see what it tastes like with the cheese :) I'm sure it will only get better. Thanks DJ for posting.
This is excellent! When I took the meat off the rotisserie chicken this morning I put the carcass in my crockpot with some onions and water, and used that stock in this chili. I did add some cornstarch to thicken it. It still looked thin, but when I added the cheese it thickened nicely. This easily fed our family of 4 with another left to freeze for another meal. Wonderful. Thanks!