Recipe by Dj's Eagles
Being a chili lover, I have tried many types. Some very good, some not to good. This one is very good, simple, easy, and not very expensive. It has lots of chicken. Some of you will like it. This recipe is not to spicy, but with a few modifications it can be. Flavor it to suit your tastes.
Top Review by Gagoo
Made this for DH and myself this evening - first time I've ever had white chicken chili although DH has ordered it many times. Very good recipe and so easy to prepare - I forgot to add the cheese prior to serving so next time we eat this (freezing leftovers) I'll see what it tastes like with the cheese :) I'm sure it will only get better. Thanks DJ for posting.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, 44oz ., I use a rottissered chicken, buttery garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (4 ounce) cans rotel, with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, rotell, cumin, and pepper. Stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Serve.