Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This a Pork Loin cooked in a skillet, but outside on the Grill. It is loaded with vegetables. I have tried this several times, changing it from time to time, but have settled on the following. Hope you enjoy it also.
- 1 -2 lb pork loin
- 4 medium red potatoes (unpeeled and cutup)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (unpeeled and cutup)
- 5 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 large apples, cored and sliced
- 6 oranges, juice of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- Wash Loin. Then pat dry. Place loin in bowl and completely rub with 1/2 cup olive oil and your favorite Rub. Then place loin into a sealable plastic bag for 12 hours. Refrigerate. Turn bag over after 6 hours.
- Prepare all vegetables. Place in pot and cover with water. Add seasonings and let pot come to a full boil. Then turn down heat and let simmer for 25 minutes. Save water from vegetables for basting.
- Start Outdoor Grill. When grill is hot, remove Loin from bag and sear 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Place 12" cast iron skillet on grill. Medium heat. If a charcoal grill, use indirect heat. Place sliced apples in bottom of skillet. Pour in mixed orange juice and lemon juice. Then place seared loin on top of apples. Then arrange vegetables around and on top of loin. Pour in water from cooked vegetables. Cook for 1 hour, basting after first 30 minutes.