Recipe by Dj's Eagles
An old recipe with sliced Zucchini, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bake in a crumble crust and serve hot or cold! Tastes like Apple Cobbler!
Top Review by Fighting Irish #7
Holy Cow!!! This is delicious!! It does taste exactly like apple - It was amazing - I will definitely make this again, especially since my garden has been invaded by zucchini. Thank you so much for sharing!!
- 8 cups zucchini, peeled and sliced, about 1/4-inch thick, remove seeds
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, for zucchini
- 4 cups flour, All Purpose
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, For crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir zucchini and lemon juice until zucchini is tender. About 20 minutes. Then stir in 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Cook about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Mix well.
- Then cut in butter with fingers. Pinch butter into flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Stir 1/4 of the butter mixture into the zucchini mixture.
- Press 1/2 of the butter mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" inch baking dish. Bake crust at 350 deg. for about 10 minutes. (this will help crust from getting soggy.).
- Then spread zucchini mixture on the top of the crust. Spread what is left of the butter mixture on top of the zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 deg. for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!