Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
An old recipe with sliced Zucchini, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bake in a crumble crust and serve hot or cold! Tastes like Apple Cobbler!
- 8 cups zucchini, peeled and sliced, about 1/4-inch thick, remove seeds
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, for zucchini
- 4 cups flour, All Purpose
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, For crust
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir zucchini and lemon juice until zucchini is tender. About 20 minutes. Then stir in 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Cook about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Mix well.
- Then cut in butter with fingers. Pinch butter into flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Stir 1/4 of the butter mixture into the zucchini mixture.
- Press 1/2 of the butter mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" x 13" inch baking dish. Bake crust at 350 deg. for about 10 minutes. (this will help crust from getting soggy.).
- Then spread zucchini mixture on the top of the crust. Spread what is left of the butter mixture on top of the zucchini. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 deg. for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
Holy Cow!!! This is delicious!! It does taste exactly like apple - It was amazing - I will definitely make this again, especially since my garden has been invaded by zucchini. Thank you so much for sharing!!
Excellent cobbler. It tasted exactly like apple cobbler. Hard to believe.