Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This an old Amish Recipe that my Mother passed down to me. She made it often and it was enjoyed by all! It has a hint of lemon and almond flavor! It is usually baked in small (4") baking dishes, however, it can also be used for pie fillings. The flavors are more prevalent after a day or so of cooling. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons white flour or 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Allow cottage cheese to drain well!
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, eggs, evaporated milk, regular milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix well!
- Pour into 4" baking dishes. Makes 5.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Bake for 1 hour. Test with knife.
- Let cool! Then enjoy!
Taste was good, as description indicates a cross between cheesecake and pudding. I used 8 7-ounce Corning ware cups and was glad I put them on a baking sheet as they bubbled over a bit. Only change I'd make would be to purée the cottage cheese first as we didn't care for the lumps. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is different and I like it. It's somewhere between custard, cheese cake filling and tapioca pudding lol I halved the recipe last night and baked in a 8x8 square (have no ramekins) Took slightly longer to cook but it worked out. I'll most likely make this again as it made a tastey high protein breakfast! Next time however I'll top it with fruit or pie filling. Thanks for the recipe!