Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was inspired by my husband's craving for Mexican food, my wanting to have pasta and our 8 yr old cat wanting something other than cat food.
- 3 -4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (I used a mix of red, yellow and orange peppers)
- 1 pinch seasoning salt
- 2 cups salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 lb pasta, cooked (whole grain preferred)
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato, and
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Heat saucepan with olive oil. Add onions and cook until they begin to sweat. Then add peppers. Cover lid and let them cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over ground meat, and place in pan. Cook until browned.
- Pour off some of the excess liquid and return pan to heat.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over turkey meat, peppers and onions and mix together.
- Add salsa and coriander and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When done, spoon as much of the meat sauce as you like over a plate of pasta.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and cheese.
- For more of a kick, add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce or Tabasco sauce.