Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've tried so many different methods of poaching eggs and failed every time, until now. These turned out perfectly!!!
- Crack 6 eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put 2 quarts water in a 3 quart saucepan and bring to a medium boil.
- Add 1/4 cup white vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt.
- With a slotted spoon, while the water is boiling, start the water swirling around in a clockwise direction as fast as it will go without slopping out of the pan.
- While the water is spinning let it coast while pouring the eggs into the center of the spin.
- After 3 minutes, bring the eggs out of the water with the slotted spoon and place on plate with paper towel.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Worked like a charm! I only did one egg so scaled the water, vinegar and salt way back. Thanks! Made for My 3 Chefs event.
This is the way to make a perfect poached egg! I scaled this back for 1 egg; I don't like the white to be runny so cooked about 3 1/2 minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by I'mPat
Have been using vinegar for years but this is the first time I recall spinning the water before adding the egg and it worked out perfectly. The yoke was nice and run, just the way we like it. Thanks for the post.