Homemade Nutella using only natural ingredients (gluten free and dairy free!) http://www.elanaspantry.com/2009/condiments/chocolate-hazelnut-spread/
- Roast the hazelnuts at 350° for 8-10 minutes until they darken a bit and smell fragrant.
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a towel and rub off the skins if you can (I didn’t have a lot of luck with this).
- In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts to a smooth butter, about 5 minutes, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the cocoa, agave, vanilla, oil and salt and process until well blended, about a minute.
- Store in a glass mason jar in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature prior to serving.
Extremely good! As I had ready made hazelnut butter, I used it, just mixed in rice syrup (instead of agave), cocoa powder and vanilla. Thanks for sharing! Made for Healthy Choices ABC February 2010.