Recipe by thedixongang
Great for potlucks or to feed a crowd. Super easy! You could sub uncooked Minute Rice, but we prefer the flavor of the raw rice & Swanson Veggie Broth packet. **USE Swanson Vegetable Broth Packet instead of canned broth--Food.com needs to add this ingredient!**
- 1 lb ground beef, ground turkey (your choice) or 1 lb ground sausage (your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces pinto beans, undrained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) can Swanson vegetable broth (1 Vegetable Flavor Boost Packet!!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in pan according to directions, adding only the water and Swanson Veggie broth packet (if you don't have time for rice to cook completely, just get it started in the pan while the meat cooks. It will finish in the oven!).
- Meanwhile, in large skillet brown the meat, along with the finely chopped onion, green pepper, and garlic. Once cooked through, add the seasonings and pintos. Stir to mix and remove from heat.
- Place the cooked rice in a 13x9 casserole dish sprayed with Pam. Pour the tomato sauce on top of the rice. Refill the tomato sauce can with water; pour this on top of the rice as well. Stir well.
- Add the meat mixture to the rice in the casserole dish. Mix to combine. Taste to see if you'd like more chili powder, pepper, etc.
- Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until rice is completely cooked and casserole is heated through. Serve with shredded cheese and/or sour cream if desired.