Recipe by AnOkie2
A recipe from my good friend Dixie, who is also an awesome cook. I hope you enjoy.
- 5 -6 apples, pared,cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Dust apples with cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add oil, beaten eggs, orange juice and vanilla.
- Combine for a smooth batter.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Arrange half of the sliced apples on top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the walnuts and 2 tablespoons of the honey.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Top with the remaining apples and walnuts.
- Drizzle the remaining honey on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until the cake is golden and a tester comes out clean.