Recipe by Sherrybeth
I guess they call this a Dixie pie because us southerners are prone to throw a little alcohol into anything....even pie!!!
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipping cream, whipped
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon (good quality)
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate graham wafer pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt marshmallows with the evaporated milk, stirring constantly (DO NOT BOIL), until melted.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and cool it in the refrigerator.
- Once this mixture is cooled, fold in the whipped cream while adding bourbon.
- Fold until well blended, then pour mixture into the chocolate crust.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.