6 hrs 30 mins
I guess they call this a Dixie pie because us southerners are prone to throw a little alcohol into anything....even pie!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan on low heat, melt marshmallows with the evaporated milk, stirring constantly (DO NOT BOIL), until melted.
- 2Remove this mixture from the heat and cool it in the refrigerator.
- 3Once this mixture is cooled, fold in the whipped cream while adding bourbon.
- 4Fold until well blended, then pour mixture into the chocolate crust.
- 5Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- 6Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dixiedoodle Pie
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 81.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham wafer pie crust