Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe By : Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Restaurant via LADONNA I have not tried this yet. I am posting it for an ISO request.
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup canned green beans
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- Fully cook all vegetables individually and then grind into small pieces.
- Bring broth, seasonings and vegetables to a boil and then add the whipping cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I adore this soup at Dixie, but this one tastes nothing like it. Like a previous reviewer, I had to make a bunch of changes, but once I did, it ended up being a (completely new) good recipe.
I made it and it had no taste.. tripled the garlic/ onion powder.. added butter/ garlic salt/ and had to thicken with flour because it was runny!! Then it was good!! With the garlic cheese biscuits of course.
I can't rate it higher, because it's not the same. It tastes similar, but the texture is all wrong. This is actually the copycat recipe that's all over the internet. I broke down and spent the $30 for Dolly's cookbook, and it's arrived. Ciao!