Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmm! These are the real deal. The recipe comes straight out of DOLLY'S DIXIE FIXIN'S. I found a typo in this recipe IN THE BOOK! I am going to contact them to make sure I fixed the recipe properly. I made a batch according to the instructions below and it was close, so I will update as soon as I get ahold of the publishers. These biscuits are DARN GOOD!
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the baking mix with the milk in a medium bowl and mix just until a soft dough forms. Do NOT overmix. Add the cheese to the dough and stir to combine. If the dough still seems just a tad dry/sticky, go ahead and add a drop or two more of milk or water.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the biscuits from the oven and lightly brush with the butter-garlic mixture. Serve warm.
These were wonderful! I made these a couple of weeks before going to Tennessee because I just couldn't wait! Then, after having the "real thing" at Dixie Stampede, I realized just how perfect they are! Even better when paired with the cream of vegetable soup!
Great! But I like the idea of a bit more cheese and some garlic powder (I'm a garlicaholic) to the mix. But good just as the recipe calls for!
Thank you for sharing this recipe! My whole family loves these and my DH kept going on and on about how yours was the best garlic-cheese biscuit recipe ever! Will definitely keep using this recipe!! Thanks!