Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
Mmmmm! These are the real deal. The recipe comes straight out of DOLLY'S DIXIE FIXIN'S. I found a typo in this recipe IN THE BOOK! I am going to contact them to make sure I fixed the recipe properly. I made a batch according to the instructions below and it was close, so I will update as soon as I get ahold of the publishers. These biscuits are DARN GOOD!
Top Review by Mrs.Sasser
These were wonderful! I made these a couple of weeks before going to Tennessee because I just couldn't wait! Then, after having the "real thing" at Dixie Stampede, I realized just how perfect they are! Even better when paired with the cream of vegetable soup!
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the baking mix with the milk in a medium bowl and mix just until a soft dough forms. Do NOT overmix. Add the cheese to the dough and stir to combine. If the dough still seems just a tad dry/sticky, go ahead and add a drop or two more of milk or water.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the biscuits from the oven and lightly brush with the butter-garlic mixture. Serve warm.