Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I've been making this pie for years now, it's my Dad's favorite! I found the recipe in a Helen Corbitt Cookbook.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add the sugar and flour to the eggs, mixing well.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla, salt and pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, then without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 325F and finish baking, about 45 minutes longer.
I loved this recipe because it is a simple classic. It is exactly the way I feel pecan pie should be: plain. When people add chocolate and bourbon and other weird things to the pie it can make it too rich and also take away from the basic great flavor of sugary, toasty, and nutty goodness that is a pecan pie. lol! Basically, it's better when it's simple! Thanks for posting!