Recipe by yooper
A Southern way of serving eggplant! This could be a main dish casserole or a side course on a bountiful buffett!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1⁄2 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice eggplant; cook in salted water to cover until tender.
- Saute sausage in skillet until cooked; remove to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Saute green onions, onions and celery until transparent; set aside.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.
- Combine eggplant, sausage, onion/celery mixture, salt and pepper and stuffing mix.
- Top with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.