Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I gave a small baby shower for a scout mom, and needed a cute, inexpensive favor. Found this on the internet, but made a few changes, instead of Dixie cups, I used Solo bathroom size, (3 oz.) plastic cups instead. You can find them at the grocery store. They are stronger, and work great. The shower I gave was for a baby boy, but you can use any color ribbon for the booties, everyone at the shower commented on how cute they looked!
- 15 -20 solo plastic cups (3 oz. size) or 15 -20 dixie brand paper cups (3 oz. size)
- ribbon (1 roll, satin or curling)
- Make two slits about an inch and a half apart down the side of the cup.
- This will be the tongue of the shoe.
- Along each side of the tongue, punch holes for the "shoe laces".
- Run ribbon through the holes in the same way you would lace a pair of shoes.
- Tie in a bow and fill with mints, nuts, or whatever you like.
- Note: If you use Dixie cups, to keep the holes from ripping when laces are tied a little clear nail polish can be applied, but let dry before threading the laces.
I thought this was a great idea! I am using them for a shower for a friend. My husband & I worked for 2 hours on 45 of them. He found that using a 4.50 crochet hook worked wonders for "lacing" the cups.
I made these up for my nieces baby shower, and filled them with pastel mints. Everyone thought they were so cute. I didn't know what she was having so I made them with pink, blue, green and yellow ribbons. So cute and everyone loved them to bring home!
What a clever idea! I made these for my daughter's baby shower. Rather than the typical pink and blue theme, she choose yellow, lime green and orange. Skittles candies fit these perfectly. Everyone ooh'd and ah'd over them. Then, the ultimate compliment, my daughter's friend asked me to make them for her shower a few weeks later. Once you get going on these, they are really easy to make.