1/1 Photo of Dixie Cup Booties--Baby Shower Favors
Aunt Paula's Note:
I gave a small baby shower for a scout mom, and needed a cute, inexpensive favor. Found this on the internet, but made a few changes, instead of Dixie cups, I used Solo bathroom size, (3 oz.) plastic cups instead. You can find them at the grocery store. They are stronger, and work great. The shower I gave was for a baby boy, but you can use any color ribbon for the booties, everyone at the shower commented on how cute they looked!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 -20 solo plastic cups (3 oz. size) or 15 -20 dixie brand paper cups (3 oz. size)
- ribbon (1 roll, satin or curling)
- 1Make two slits about an inch and a half apart down the side of the cup.
- 2This will be the tongue of the shoe.
- 3Along each side of the tongue, punch holes for the "shoe laces".
- 4Run ribbon through the holes in the same way you would lace a pair of shoes.
- 5Tie in a bow and fill with mints, nuts, or whatever you like.
- 6Note: If you use Dixie cups, to keep the holes from ripping when laces are tied a little clear nail polish can be applied, but let dry before threading the laces.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dixie Cup Booties--Baby Shower Favors
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g