Recipe by JanieTeachGal
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it was in today's newspaper coupon section with a Dixie Crystals coupon. I'm posting it here because I know I will lose it otherwise.
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (Dixie Crystals)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke, flavor
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika, powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, honey and molasses.
- Add all the remaining spices.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the desired consistency is obtained.
- Freeze any remaining barbecue sauce.