Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicous restaraunt style baked squash!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- salt & pepper
- Trim squash, cut into large chunks & boil to tender.
- Drain & mash.
- Mix all ingredients, saving half of the crumbs and put into sprayed 8x8 baking dish.
- Cover with remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 until lightly browned.
This is close to the baked squash at Dixie Cafe (closest I've found so far). I just wish it would list a time for baking. I bake mine maybe 30 or 40 minutes. I'll definitely be making this again.