Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a divinity fudge recipe that I use with my Kitchenaid mixer. It makes a nice divinity fudge recipe that mimics my friend's grandmother's very closely. I use a candy thermometer when making it. I don't put the nuts in it. My friend's grandmother used to colour it pink or green with food colouring.
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Place sugar, corn syrup and water in heavy sauce pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until hard ball stage (248oF). Remove from heat and let stand until temperature drops to 220oF. Do not stir.
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer. Turn to high and whip until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Gradually add syrup mixture in fine stream and white about 2 ½ minutes longer.
- Reduce speed to medium-low. Add almond extract and whip until mixture starts to become dry (20-25 minutes). Turn to low and add walnuts (if desired), mixing just until blended.