Shirley King's Note:
I found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine. When growing up I remember my parents making divinity together. I always liked eating the divinity before it got hard, so a frosting is the next best thing to that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl.
- 2Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 1 minute or until mixture is blended.
- 3Beat mixture at high speed 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- 4Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended.
- 5Stir in toasted pecans.
- 6Spread Divinity Frosting immediately on cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divinity Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1064 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 107.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g