Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Southern Living Magazine. When growing up I remember my parents making divinity together. I always liked eating the divinity before it got hard, so a frosting is the next best thing to that.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) packagehome-style fluffy white frosting mix
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Place first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 1 minute or until mixture is blended.
- Beat mixture at high speed 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in toasted pecans.
- Spread Divinity Frosting immediately on cake.