1/2 Photos of Divinely Creamy Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
One of my favorite things to eat is fettuccine alfredo, but I don't always like all the fat associated with this dish. I found this recipe and it is really very good. Be sure to use imported Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano, which has an intense, buttery flavor that makes all the difference. If you are following Weight Watchers, this recipe has 6 points per 1 cup serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, omitting salt if desired.
- 2Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- 3Place the pasta in a serving bowl and keep warm.
- 4Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet.
- 5Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes straw-colored and fragrant, about 45 seconds, then remove from the heat and whisk in the milk.
- 6Return the pan to the stove, raise the heat to medium-high, and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add the reserved cooking water, the cheese, the lemon juice and nutmeg; stir until just smooth.
- 8Pour over the hot pasta, toss gently to coat, and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divinely Creamy Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 202.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g