Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mexican side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed zucchini
- 4 tablespoons finely diced onions
- 5 links chorizo sausages, each 8 cm. long, skinned and crumbled
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted, skinned, deveined, seeded, julienned
- 4 sprigs epazote, coarsely chopped
- Melt butter or heat oil in a deep skillet or wide pan.
- Sautee the zucchini and onion.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the skillet and simmer until tender but not mushy soft.
- Move skillet around to avoid zucchini sticking to bottom of skillet.
- If zucchini dries up, add a few teaspoons of water.
- On another pan or skillet, sautee the chorizo until it releases its grease.
- Drain off the grease and add it to the zucchini, poblano strips and the epazote.
- Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes for flavors to blend.