1/1 Photo of Divine Mashed Potatoes W/Fontina-Sage-Brussels Sprouts #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. You take the great rich flavor of Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes and blend with herbs and spices and cheese and broil in as a casserole, Serve a high mound on your plate and top with microwavable Brussels Sprouts and more cheese. Simple, easy, divine! Dig into this side dish and smile!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves or 12 sage leaves or 2 whole sage sprigs
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded, and divided with 1 ounce for topping
- 10 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts, in butter sauce (frozen & microwavable)
- 1Preheat oven to BROIL.
- 2Peel plastic film at corner of Simply Potatoes package to allow it to vent and place carton into the MICROWAVE. Heat on high for 3 minutes; then remove film completely and stir. Return to the microwave and cook on high for 1 more minute.
- 3While mashed potatoes are in the microwave, mince about 6 of the larger sage leaves; setting aside the smaller sage leaves to use for garnish.
- 4Remove the mashed potatoes from the microwave and add in the 3 ounces of shredded Fontina cheese, minced sage leaves, and garlic powder. Stir until evenly blended. Pour the potato mixture into greased 8x8x2-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top of potatoes with 2 ounces of the shredded cheese.
- 5Place in the preheated OVEN and broil on high until cheese is melted and bubbly and golden brown spots appear (about 5-8 minutes). Remove from oven.
- 6While the potatoes broil, place the frozen Brussels sprouts package in microwave and cook as per the directions on the package, about 6 minutes on high.
- 7To plate, take an 1/2 to 3/4 cup serving portion of the broiled mashed potatoes and place on a plate. Top with a portion of the microwaved Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with several of the small leaves of sage and a couple of pinches of the reserved shredded cheese. Serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divine Mashed Potatoes W/Fontina-Sage-Brussels Sprouts #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
fresh sage leaves