Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. You take the great rich flavor of Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes and blend with herbs and spices and cheese and broil in as a casserole, Serve a high mound on your plate and top with microwavable Brussels Sprouts and more cheese. Simple, easy, divine! Dig into this side dish and smile!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves or 12 sage leaves or 2 whole sage sprigs
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded, and divided with 1 ounce for topping
- 10 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts, in butter sauce (frozen & microwavable)
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- Peel plastic film at corner of Simply Potatoes package to allow it to vent and place carton into the MICROWAVE. Heat on high for 3 minutes; then remove film completely and stir. Return to the microwave and cook on high for 1 more minute.
- While mashed potatoes are in the microwave, mince about 6 of the larger sage leaves; setting aside the smaller sage leaves to use for garnish.
- Remove the mashed potatoes from the microwave and add in the 3 ounces of shredded Fontina cheese, minced sage leaves, and garlic powder. Stir until evenly blended. Pour the potato mixture into greased 8x8x2-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top of potatoes with 2 ounces of the shredded cheese.
- Place in the preheated OVEN and broil on high until cheese is melted and bubbly and golden brown spots appear (about 5-8 minutes). Remove from oven.
- While the potatoes broil, place the frozen Brussels sprouts package in microwave and cook as per the directions on the package, about 6 minutes on high.
- To plate, take an 1/2 to 3/4 cup serving portion of the broiled mashed potatoes and place on a plate. Top with a portion of the microwaved Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with several of the small leaves of sage and a couple of pinches of the reserved shredded cheese. Serve.
reminds me of the St. Patrick's dish colcannon--perfect with corned beef
This recipe sounds very interesting!!!
So Delicious!! Love All The Creamy AWESOME Flavors :-)