Prep 30 mins
Cook 27 mins
I found some long lost recipes yesterday. I'm posting them here for safekeeping. From December 1999 Southern Living.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 16 ounces penne, cooked
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add milk, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 c parmesan cheese and next 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in spinach.
- Add pasta, tossing to coat.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake for 20 minutes.
Best macaroni and cheese ever! It is very rich and filling. Perfect in the winter, and makes great leftovers for lunch! I don't usually like gorgonzola cheese, but I loooove this dish!!!
A family member made this for Thanksgiving and it was SO yummy. I begged her for the recipe to share here and I see it's already been shared. I can't wait to make this myself!