Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is simply Divine! It is a simple quiche made with fresh ingredients and cooked in a casserole dish with no crust. It is wonderful straight from the oven or served the next day. It is a great quiche for brunch or dinner. I served it with a Spinach Salad and “My Mom’s Awesome Parsley Potatoes.”
Top Review by Manami
He Cheryl, very delicious! Thank you, However, I did make a few changes - we used a mixture of cremini and button mushrooms, instead of basil(personal preference)we used Italian seasoning and we used Guyere in stead of Swiss. Increased the amount of onion powder and added a clove of garlic(smashed)which I added at the end of cooking the mushrooms. Don't you love people who take a basic recipe and turn it all around? Sorry - a lot of it is due to their likes & dislikes here at the 'home' It was truly "yummelicious" and we'll definitely make this again. Thanks for posting, Diane :=) OH, omitted the hot sauce, can't serve it here.
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, Sliced (I used Baby Portabellas)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach, Torn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces backfin crab
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded (Or Swiss)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Sautee Mushrooms in Butter for 3 –4 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and blot thoroughly.
- Beat Eggs with Sour Cream, Spinach, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan, Flour and Seasonings.
- Drain Crab and blot dry with paper towels.
- Fold Mushrooms (reserve a ¼ of the mushrooms), Crab, and Cheese into Egg Mixture.
- Spread into 9” Glass Casserole Dish.
- Arrange remaining Mushrooms on top of Egg Mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until set.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting.