Recipe by Ms B.
An easy and flavorful baked crab and shrimp dish. I love seafood and creamy sauces. I often serve this with a side of pasta, a fresh salad and a good glass of Pinot Grigio. It also makes a nice meal to share with guests.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat
- 1 cup peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Saute diced onions and mushrooms in melted butter.
- Remove from heat and whisk in flour.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and whisk well, return to heat.
- Add cheese and stir until creamy.
- Remove from heat and pour in remaining cream.
- Stir in sherry, paprika, crabmeat, and shrimp.
- Spoon mixture into 6 large individual ramekins.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together croutons and parsley.
- Top each filled ramekin with crouton mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly.