Recipe by jstar953
These heavenly snacks are wickedly nice!
Top Review by flower7
I don't usually have much milk chocolate around since I tend to prefer dark so I didn't have quite enough to make this. I ended up using a little more than half milk (31%) and the rest dark (mostly 70% with a little 60%). In place of digestives I used some shortbread cookies I had on hand.
The mixture was delicious but I did have a little trouble with rolling it. After 10 minutes it was still WAY too soft so it went back in the fridge. I checked every 10 minutes until 30 more minutes had passed and it was finally solid enough to roll up but it warmed up extremely quickly. I started out rolling into balls but ended up just portioning out into a bunch of chunks and putting back in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm back up before rolling into balls then rolling in cocoa. Definitely need to be kept in the fridge after finishing too.
For taste these get 5 but for ease of making them, they get a 3. Glad I tried these, though I might try them again with a little less butter - hopefully that will help with the softness. I ended up with 2 dozen truffles. Thanks for sharing!
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the digestive biscuits into crumbs (Putting it into a small plastic bag and hitting it with a rolling pin works best).
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a microwaveable bowl.
- Put the bowl into a saucepan about halfway full of water depending how big the bowl is (The bowl and water shouldn't touch each other) and heat until melted.
- Mix in the butter and crushed biscuits.
- Leave mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Take a teaspoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball shape with your hands.
- To make it look more truffley roll it in cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles.