Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
To save time bake the cake ahead of time and store in plastic wrap, don't break into pieces until ready to make the dessert, as cake will dry out.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare, and bake the chocolate cake mix according to directions, in a 13x9-inch cake pan; cool; remove to wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Spread the pudding evenly into the bottom of another 13x9-inch pan.
- Tear the baked cake into small pieces, and gently push down into the pudding.
- Drizzle with 3/4 cup chocolate syrup.
- Spread with Cool Whip topping.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.
this recipe was sweet & wonderful !!! it certainly could be called decadent. i didn't have any cool whip or whipped cream so, i served it with ice cream. what a treat, i'll make it repeatedly !!! thank you.