Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
To save time bake the cake ahead of time and store in plastic wrap, don't break into pieces until ready to make the dessert, as cake will dry out.
Top Review by kathypage6
this recipe was sweet & wonderful !!! it certainly could be called decadent. i didn't have any cool whip or whipped cream so, i served it with ice cream. what a treat, i'll make it repeatedly !!! thank you.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfrozen Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare, and bake the chocolate cake mix according to directions, in a 13x9-inch cake pan; cool; remove to wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Spread the pudding evenly into the bottom of another 13x9-inch pan.
- Tear the baked cake into small pieces, and gently push down into the pudding.
- Drizzle with 3/4 cup chocolate syrup.
- Spread with Cool Whip topping.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.