Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
Cream Cheese, Spinach, Artichokes and Asiago Cheese are stuffed inside Chicken Breasts and then baked in a delicious Wine Sauce. I use half of a 10 ounce package of Frozen Spinach for this recipe... Simply Devine!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Solid perfect five stars! I had some doubt when putting it in the oven because the chicken breasts I used were huge and I had some doubts about it cooking through to the middle -- but it did. The cream cheese filling spilled out and blended with the wine sauce, but it didn't hurt it. The extra sauce makes a great treat over a slice of warm French bread. This one managed to use some of the exotic ingredients from the RSC list with restraint and in balance. Yum! Made for RSC #11, Feb. 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, chopped & drained
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule (heaping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together Well Drained Spinach, Chopped Artichoke Hearts, Softened Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese, Asiago Cheese, Lemon Zest and Salt.
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Place a Chicken Breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound meat out to about 1 cm of thickness. Repeat for all Chicken Breasts.
- Season Chicken liberally with Greek Seasoning on both sides.
- Divide Cream Cheese mixture into 4 equal portions. Place a portion of the Cream Cheese Mixture and spread evenly over the pounded Chicken.
- Roll the Chicken Breast up and secure it with a toothpick (or two).
- Place the Chicken in a glass baking dish.
- In a pot on the stove, melt butter. Add flour and chicken bouilon powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute on MEDIUM.
- Add Milk & Wine to the Flour mixture, stir over Medium heat for approximately 2 minutes (or until slightly thickened and no lumps remaining).
- Pour the Wine Sauce over the Chicken and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until Chicken is cooked through).